You are required to do these things:
1. Make a timeline of history of your countryís important
events (list a minimum of 20, make
sure that you have at least 5 in the twentieth century).
2. Make a table of information on the political situation
including type of government and
names of officials (see CIA World Factbook 2000)
3. Do a concise report on a recent political, economic
crisis, and/or anti-American attitudes.
This should be in paragraph form.
4. Make a map
of the geographical features, major cities (the population of cities should
shown by symbols), major roads and railways, and a legend.
5. Research any tourist attractions that may make an advantageous
location for your
company. Show these on the map above and write a concise paragraph about each.
6. Write one paragraph each about two major holidays (religious,
national or historical) and
how they are celebrated (religious or historical holidays that are celebrated nation wide).
Explain how your company may use a holiday theme to sell your product.
7. Research etiquette and make a list or cartoons about
10 dos and doníts for people to
follow when doing business in your assigned country.
8. Interview someone with first hand knowledge of the country
in person or by e-mail and
report on what they say (one paragraph minimum).
9. Report on any human rights problems, rebellions or dissident
groups that may cause
instability in your country (one paragraph minimum).
10. Arrange all your information in a portfolio to present to
the CEO (also known as the
teacher) and make an oral presentation to the class with your group using PowerPoint.
Amnesty International-Human Rights
Chiefs of state and cabinet members of foreign governments
International Affairs Resources
General Latin American Resources