These are your requirements:
1.You will modify the menu for the Latin American market.
You will change at least two
products for the tastes of this country (add spices, condiments, sauces). Add at least two
items that are national dishes or beverages to the menu. Determine what beverages are
legal and customary. Explain why you made these changes and additions in paragraph form.
2. Determine the cost of each item in the currency of the
country and determine if this is a
3. Make a mock up of a sample menu. The menu should list
and describe each item in terms
that would appeal to the customer, include pictures, and the price in the national currency.
You may make your menu in English for later translation.
4. Make a mock up of the packaging and explain the changes
that you made. This should be
consistent with the product but incorporate language, symbols, color, and environmental
laws (some countries outlaw Styrofoam and plastic).
5. Report about at least 3 other fast food businesses in
your assigned country and explain how
you will beat the competition in paragraph form.
6. Report on who your market (who will go to your restaurant) will be and list the names of 5 magazines or newspapers that you will publish advertisements in and explain why based on who reads these publications.
7. Show on a map where you will locate your first 3 outlets and explain why.
8. Tell about 3 cultural taboos that you will avoid-food,
serving customs, male/female
relations, words or phrases, etc. Tell what hours you will have your outlet open and what
when you will have your peak traffic hours (meals are eaten at different times in different
9. Write a description of who your target buyer will be. (Your target market or target buyer is the typical person you expect to buy your product. You should decide what age group, income range, whether it is an city or country dweller, etc. For example: Mc Donald's make commercials about Happy Meals to target little kids (1-8) from working class and middle class families with working parents who go to movies and are more concerned about convenience than health). Work with the advertising expert on the production of the commercial to target that person.
10. Arrange all your information in a portfolio to present to
the CEO (also known as the
teacher), and make an oral presentation to the class with your group using PowerPoint.
Foreign Languages for Travelers
Currency Comparison Page
World Exchange Rates
Global Grocery List
U.S. Bureau of Census International Demographic Summary
General Latin American Resourses