You are required to do these things:
1. Make a pie chart or bar graph showing the chief agricultural
products of your country.
Answer the question whether you can get the ingredients for your products locally.
2. Make a population
pyramid that shows the ages and gender of the population or a map
showing population density. Write an interpretation of what this data shows.
3. Make a pie chart or bar graph showing demographic data such as ethnic groups, numbers of foreign workers, or income groups. Include a one paragraph explanation of who these groups are.
4. Research economic and population statistics including
(population, population growth,
literacy, per capita income, GDP). Make a table, graph, and/or cartogram of these figures
and compare these figures to the United States. (See CIA World Factbook)
5. Interpret the statistics in number four to research
the population-what is the break down of
the population as far as age, sex, number of foreign workers, per capita income? Explain
who your labor market will be in management, marketing and production and compare it to
the U.S. market. Write in paragraph form.
6. Find out about laws for foreign companies doing business
in your assigned country. Find
out how NAFTA may affect your company. Report on this information in a list or
7. Labor laws and cost-how much will you pay, how many
hours can they work, what are the
restrictions, holidays? Report on this in a list.
8. List some 5 customs you must be aware of for your employees.
9. Make a map to show where you will locate your production
and distribution facility and
explain why the transportation, access to ingredients, labor pool, etc. are advantageous in a
10. Arrange all your information in a portfolio to present to
the CEO (also known as the
teacher), and make an oral presentation to the class with your group using PowerPoint.
North American Free Trade Agreement Resources-NAFTA
USAID-Merchandise Trade with Latin America
Graphs that show imports and exports to Latin American countries.
World Ethnic Survey
International Salary Indicator
International Database from the U.S. Census Bureau
General Latin American Resourses